24 October 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 182

Tonight Jochem and I made three dishes for dinner. I picked the first two dishes from Nigella Lawson's latest cookbook and both were inspired by Indian cuisine (quite appropriate I thought, since we'll be going to India in less than two months). First, we made potatoes from the oven with lots of herbs and spices as well as some red onion with lime juice. We also made lamb chops rubbed with the same herbs and spices.

Source: Nigella Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home by Nigella Lawson



For dessert we made something called 5-minute chocolate cake. Last week Anna sent me a YouTube video by the instructables about making a chocolate cake in a mug in a microwave. Since I love having pastry with tea for dessert I thought: this I have to try! It is indeed easy (I had all of the ingredients in my kitchen cupboards, minus the chocolate chips) and fast (2,5 minutes in the microwave), but it does not stand up to the real thing. It was quite dry and you really need the chocolate chips to give the cake that moist texture. So, although I enjoyed this experiment a lot, in the future I will probably opt for making a batch of brownies during the weekend which will last me all week. Check out the clip for your 5-minute chocolate cake here.

Source: www.instructables.com

No comments: