21 October 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 179


While Jochem worked his fourth late shift of the week, I was left to really scrape the barrel when it came down to preparing my dinner. When money's tight (which it often is), we have to be very creative in order to whip up a decent meal, especially now that we've developed such high standards over the years. Today I was left with nothing more than 100 grams of spaghetti, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 onion, half a can of tinned tomatoes and some ingredients that we (luckily) always have in stock, like extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, dried chilis, Parmesan cheese (thank GOD for Parmesan cheese!) and spicy olive oil. With these ingredients I made a lovely pasta dish that was simple but nice. I only wish that I'd have had some fresh basil, but I didn't. I didn't even have dried basil, but that's probably because we never buy it, because let's face it: dried basil SUCKS. So I used dried parsley instead.

No comments: