09 May 2010

Karma

This is what you get for ignoring your cold. You get the worst sore throat that you've ever had in your entire life. I had to spend another day in bed, but not because I had vacation or because I could, but to crash course my throat back into health. I lived off fresh orange juice and mostly tea today and watched 20 Sex and the City episodes - anything to keep my mind from the excruciating pain. It is literally so bad, that I am unable to speak, and not in the cute "I am a 21-year-old sorority girl who just had a wild night" kind of way. Jochem has given me a spoon to bang with on the bed frame in case I need him and we have been communicating with pen and paper all day. Oh, and did I mention that because of this I missed another lunch date with my friends who may now barely remember me or recognize me as I pass by? Plus, it has been raining all week during this vacation, which is just not fair because it had been sunny while I was still working. I believe that that was all that I wanted to get off my chest. Here are some pictures of the view on my sick day.





No comments: