Today Jochem and I cooked something that I like to refer to as soul food. Soul food is food that nurtures the soul. I suppose that each individual has a different definition of what soul food means to them, but for me it basically comprises all things Italian, homemade or chocolate. In this case we made pasta with meatballs and homemade tomato sauce. The meatballs were really funky with lots of interesting ingredients like fresh oregano, cumin seeds and Dijon mustard. It was a little bit too spicy for my taste due to the dried chilis, but the mozzarella and fresh basil made up for that.
Source: The Naked Chef by Jamie Oliver
4 comments:
It looks amazing. I can't believe how much you actually cook! I mean, I cook, but I don't actually cook! Your food always looks amazing!
Respect girl. Am loving this.
(PS: I am getting my tattoo done this weekend! WAAH!!!!)
Thank you! :) And this weekend already?! Exciting!!! Will you be able to swim in the pool in France?
Uhm, isn´t soul food by definition traditional African American cooking? Though I must say I quite like your definition as well.
And, yes, I agree the food looks amazing and I too am impressed by how often you cook and how scrumptious it always looks. I remember it not being that long ago when your dinner would consist of bread and peanutbutter and I would get a compliment for putting together a dish consisting of storebought pasta and a jar of storebought tomatosauce :p.
By the way, since this seems to be the place where I ask you if you are aware of certain Jamie Oliver tv shows, are you aware of the tv show ´Jamie Does ...´? It´s like part travel show, part food show where each week Jamie Oliver goes to a different part of the world (Morocco, Venice, Andalucia, etc.) and talks about the food there. It has all the elements to be your new favourite tv show ;).
Thanks for the tip! I must say that my list of 'Things to Watch' keeps growing and growing, but hopefully I'll get to it soon. I know that the term soul food is often used to describe traditional African American cooking, but this is my definition!
Post a Comment