I honestly didn't expect to be cooking so much during our stay in Almelo, but when opportunities present themselves, I tend to leap at them. Yesterday, for example, my mother was looking though our Jamie at Home cookbook and asked me to cook this cannelloni recipe. Jochem and I absolutely adore this dish - it is incredibly quick and easy to make and made from fresh ingredients and lots of veggies. I first made it for my friends Bic, Mag and Mar a couple of weeks ago and since then Jochem and I have made it several times. We usually make a big batch and freeze in any left-overs so that whenever we are too busy to cook, we can still have a decent meal. You are supposed to stuff the cannelloni with a mixture of cauliflower, broccoli, anchovies, chilis, garlic and thyme. On the bottom of the roasting tray you put homemade tomato sauce, on top of which you put the stuffed cannelloni. On top of that you put creme fraiche mixed with Parmesan cheese. Finish the dish by putting some mozzarella cheese and some more Parmesan on top. When you remove the roasting tray from the oven, put some basil and a little bit of olive oil on top. If you can't find cannelloni, you could also use lasagna leaves. Try it some time!
Source: Jamie at Home by Jamie Oliver
No comments:
Post a Comment