10 May 2010
"What I Cooked Today" Day 15
Unfortunately, there was no cooking today. I spent another sick day in bed while Jochem was in the Hague all day studying. Instead of making dinner we had left-overs from last week - Jochem had a Spanish stew and I had potatoes, red beets, meat balls and gravy. I did, however, discover the perfect recipe for a sore throat. Having felt like some 50-year-old Ukrainian woman had performed one of those old-fashioned bikini waxes on the inside of my throat, I quickly turned to modern medicine for relief. When that didn't work, I reverted to old-school homemade cures. I even let Jochem convince me to drink whiskey (and I HATE whiskey)! When left to my own devices I finally figured it out: add one table spoon of honey to two table spoons of lemon juice. Stir, drink, do NOT swallow, but gurgle while tilting your head back (this feels great, by the way, when you have sores in your mouth, like I had yesterday), then swallow while resisting the urge to clean the sour from your mouth with water. I swear to God: the best medicine for a sore throat ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment