25 May 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 30

Jochem and I have been quite the pretentious over-eaters today. First of all, we had lunch at our dining table, which hardly ever happens when we're alone, because we're more the "let's lie on the couch and watch Bones"-variety of food consumers. But we figured that for two people who care as passionately about food as we do, we should learn to be civil eaters. It turned out to be a lot of fun, not in the least because of the food we made from left-overs (I bet you can tell by now that we do that a lot - turning left-overs into decent meals. That's what happens when you spend most of your money planning a 9-month world trip. But anyways...).



First, we made lemonade and strawberries with mint sugar for dessert. Then we turned the marinade for the octopus into a spicy broth.



Then, we turned the left-over carpaccio into a fancy burger with mozzarella, grated cheese, chilis and parsley. Still talking about lunch here.



And then, for dinner, we had even more meat. My parents gave us a fine piece of Argentinian steak which we prepared with creamed mushrooms and homemade fries.

I swear, I could burst from all this meat! Time for a veggie day tomorrow...

No comments: