Today Jochem and I cooked something really different: sher ping pancakes. Jamie Oliver found these pancakes in Chinatown in New York City. I must admit that Chinese food has never really been my 'thing,' although I'm kind of embarrassed to admit to disliking one entire country's cuisine. I used to think that it might have been due to the bad quality of Dutch Chinese restaurants, but after having visited a couple of (supposedly) really good Chinese restaurants in Chinatowns in the US, I'm afraid I'm still not convinced. I was therefore a bit suspicious of this dish, although it sure sounded good in theory. These pancakes are filled with minced meat, vegetables and fresh herbs, baked and then served with soy sauce, chili sauce and limes. Jochem made the dough from scratch. Definitely worth the trouble and a good step towards reconnecting with the Chinese kitchen!
Source: Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver
No comments:
Post a Comment