I chose this caesar salad to make for lunch for my old friends, but since I have been sick in bed all day, Jochem made it for dinner. I LOVE caesar salad - partly because it has some of my favorite ingredients like cream and Parmesan cheese, but also because it reminds me of New York. When I was living there for a month in July 2008, I would often buy a caesar salad at Whole Foods after my English classes in Midtown - either for lunch, dinner, or both. A caesar salad is not really a thing in Europe so I had been unable to find a similar dish here, until Jamie Oliver wrote a caesar salad recipe into his book. Now I can make it as often as I want and dream of the days I spent eating this salad on a bench in Central Park when Jochem came to visit me.
Source: Jamie at Home by Jamie Oliver
No comments:
Post a Comment