Despite my cold I traveled to Tilburg today after work to cook dessert. Every few weeks Jochem and I get together with two of my old girlfriends from high school and their boyfriends. It started out a while back as a one night type of thing, but has turned into a nice tradition. We always try to impress each other with new recipes and it's a great opportunity to catch up. Jochem and I cooked a dessert that I had wanted to make for a while. I believe it is called sand cake. Jochem made the dough at home and we prepared the rest in Tilburg. We made whipped cream with vanilla and chocolate and strawberries with mint and brown sugar. I really wanted to use peaches, but they are not yet in season, unfortunately. I believe that it was quite a heavy dessert, but everyone finished it so I assume it was a success!
Source: Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver
No comments:
Post a Comment