29 May 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 33



Tonight was Girls Night Out, and since I organized it, it was of course packed with activities. Sex and the City 2 at the movies, then drinks at hip downtown bar Zussen (Dutch for: 'sisters') and then dancing at the Domplein in the city centre of Utrecht. The movie started quite early, so I decided for a 'no muss no fuss' approach to dinner by making premade tortellini. I'm sure that according to Jamie Oliver this is one of the seven deadly sins, but I've found that as long as you serve it with the right ingredients, it still passes as authentic cooking. So I cooked homemade tomato sauce and made a kind of alternative lasagna with the tortellini. I served it with lots of cheese, fresh basil and spicy olive oil. For the occasion I also made a cocktail from homemade lemonade, freshly squeezed orange juice, water, brown sugar and tequila!

Source: The Naked Chef by Jamie Oliver

No comments: