Lately I have really been getting into yoga again. I love yoga, but found it hard to fit into my tight schedule (it is a paradox indeed that I want to do yoga in order to relax, but find it impossible to do yoga if I am not at least somewhat relaxed already). The past few months I tried to get back into the swing of things by doing two simple postures a day in order to prep my body, and now I do yoga routines four times a week. Twice a week I focus on strengthening my back and the other two times I do a more general routine to find balance. I enjoy it a lot, but when I see my cats bending like pretzels with the greatest of ease, holding postures for minutes at a time, it reminds me of how much I still have to learn!
21 July 2010
Bend Like a Pretzel
Lately I have really been getting into yoga again. I love yoga, but found it hard to fit into my tight schedule (it is a paradox indeed that I want to do yoga in order to relax, but find it impossible to do yoga if I am not at least somewhat relaxed already). The past few months I tried to get back into the swing of things by doing two simple postures a day in order to prep my body, and now I do yoga routines four times a week. Twice a week I focus on strengthening my back and the other two times I do a more general routine to find balance. I enjoy it a lot, but when I see my cats bending like pretzels with the greatest of ease, holding postures for minutes at a time, it reminds me of how much I still have to learn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment