21 July 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 87


I am actually writing this blog pre-dinner time. My friend Mag returned from her vacation in Norway yesterday and I will visit her today in Amersfoort to celebrate her husband's birthday. I have been invited to come for dinner so, again, I will not be cooking myself today. However, to show off just a little I thought this would be the perfect time to show you the cookies that I made. I made a big batch and gave half to Jochem to enjoy during his vacation in the Czech Republic and kept the other half to enjoy myself. This was only the second time ever that I made cookies, but I really like doing it, especially because it is relatively easy and you can enjoy your work for such a long time. I used the same recipe that I used last week, but decided to improvise. I used more white chocolate and added whole roasted hazelnuts (I really wanted to use macademia nuts but they were not sold at the store and I was far too lazy to go downtown). Because I wanted chocolate cookies I just added four table spoons of cacao powder as well as one table spoon of the spicy cacao powder that I made a while back. I had twelve cookies and now only four are left after just three days, so you do the math!

No comments: