12 July 2010
"What I Cooked Today" Day 78
Today Jochem didn't have to start work until 3 PM, which meant being home alone for dinner. I spent a lovely afternoon and evening cleaning our kitchen. Not needing a summer job anymore to save for our world trip, I decided that I needed a project to make myself useful. Knowing that I absolutely loathe to clean (and, therefore, not doing it very often), I decided to hold a massive spring cleaning during my summer vacation. I figured it'd be best to work in zones, so today I did the kitchen as well as the dining area. And I mean the works: I defrosted our fridge, I cleaned the insides of the cabinets, I scrubbed the floor on hands and knees (hence my knee injury), I dusted the pipe lines (dirty) as well as on top of the kitchen cabinets and fridge (layer of fat + dust = really gross). I know that I'm precise and generally take my time to do things, but I didn't finish until 9.30 PM. How crazy is that?! So you can understand that after cleaning the kitchen for 8 (!!!) consecutive hours, I had no interest whatsoever to cook in it. Luckily, I still had a lot of left-over quiche to feed me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment