Today Jochem had to work late and I cooked for myself. Initially, I had planned to cook dinner for Bic, but she forgot another dinner date so we rearranged to have dinner tomorrow evening instead. However, being in a culinary sort of mood, I decided to make something special for myself with these star players: pork, fennel and cherries. In the latest issue of Jamie Oliver's magazine is a feature article about cherries and it listed a recipe of pork chops with a cherry chutney. Now, I tend not to care for chutneys very much (too fancy), but this one looked pretty good: fresh, rustic and filled with whole cherries. So, I made this concoction with cherries, onions, fennel, fennel seeds, balsamic vinegar and red wine and it actually turned out great. Then I took this beautiful piece of organic pork and seasoned it with some sea salt and black pepper and fried it for a couple of minutes. To accompany this recipe I made a variation on a simple potato dish from the oven by adding fennel to it (because, of course, pork and fennel are best friends, don't you know?). In the end, I was quite taken by my own efforts!
Source: Jamie Magazine Issue 11 (July 2010)
No comments:
Post a Comment