Last week I saw an episode of Oliver's Twist in which Jamie Oliver makes quesadillas. I have loved quesadillas since the first time I had Mexican food, so I was immediately intrigued. But, still being short on cash, I had to improvise a little bit. I used these tortillas from a Chinese store that were a little harder and crispier than your ordinary tortillas. I used left-over spring onion and lots of cheap coriander from the same Chinese store, and I bought cheddar and creme fraiche as toppings. Then, and I kind of marvel at myself when thinking about this, I grilled 4 massive chilis and ate them with no less than 8 chili tortillas. I mean, it's like that time when I suddenly realized that I had changed from not drinking any coffee at all, to only drinking coffee in the morning, to drinking Starbucks all day if I had my way, to "if we can't bring coffee camping I'm not going!" I mean, I just LOVE chilis! I'm clearly turning over to the dark side.
22 July 2010
"What I Cooked Today" Day 88
Last week I saw an episode of Oliver's Twist in which Jamie Oliver makes quesadillas. I have loved quesadillas since the first time I had Mexican food, so I was immediately intrigued. But, still being short on cash, I had to improvise a little bit. I used these tortillas from a Chinese store that were a little harder and crispier than your ordinary tortillas. I used left-over spring onion and lots of cheap coriander from the same Chinese store, and I bought cheddar and creme fraiche as toppings. Then, and I kind of marvel at myself when thinking about this, I grilled 4 massive chilis and ate them with no less than 8 chili tortillas. I mean, it's like that time when I suddenly realized that I had changed from not drinking any coffee at all, to only drinking coffee in the morning, to drinking Starbucks all day if I had my way, to "if we can't bring coffee camping I'm not going!" I mean, I just LOVE chilis! I'm clearly turning over to the dark side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Our little girl is growing up! *sigh*
Post a Comment