11 July 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 77

A whole lot of cooking happened today! My old friends from University College Utrecht came over for lunch and, as always, I used this opportunity to make something special and to try some new recipes. I ended up making 4 different things.

(1) Because of the heat, I decided to make a refreshing, non-alcoholic drink: Indian mangolassi.
Source: Happy Days with the Naked Chef by Jamie Oliver



(2) For the actual meal, I prepared ciabatta with so-called mushroom burgers. I used shiitake mushrooms and prepared them with butter, garlic and parsley.
Source: Jamie Magazine Issue 10 (June 2010)

(3) To accompany the mushroom burgers, I made (or at least tried to make) my family's famous Spanish tortillas with onion, potatoes and eggs.
Source: The Fernandez Family Recipes ;)



(4) For dessert, I made homemade cookies with dried apricots, stem ginger and white chocolate.
Source: Jamie Magazine Issue 10 (June 2010)



And after all that, I also made that spinach quiche for dinner.



Now let's see how the Netherlands will do against Spain...

No comments: