04 July 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 69

A couple of years ago Jochem bought a cookbook for men at Ikea. It's filled with easy but delicious recipes, although we don't cook from it very often, being the Jamie Oliver fans that we are. Today, however, I picked a classic from this cookbook that we've often made before because it's so delicious. It's supposed to be cooked with turkey, but we usually use chicken, though lately we use tofu. It's really one of those dishes where chicken is actually much better than tofu, but I keep insisting we use tofu to, you know, save the earth (and our wallet). You marinate the tofu in a yoghurt sauce to which you add lots of interesting spices, like garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin (don't you just LOVE cumin?!) and chili powder. Add some lime juice, give the yoghurt at least an hour to absorb the spices and then put it in the oven. You serve the marinated tofu on pieces of toasted bread, like pita, with a simple rocket and mint salad and some pieces of feta cheese. Unfortunately, Jochem and I were in a rush to get to a birthday party and I forgot to take a picture of this dish. I get the sense that I'm becoming a bit sloppy with this part of my blog, so I'll try to do better next time.

No comments: