31 July 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 97

The most extraordinary thing happened today: not only did I not cook, I did not eat! I had some left-over noodles, sugar snaps, harricot verts and fennel which I totally intended to prepare with some creme fraiche and fennel seeds, but when time came for dinner, I WAS NOT HUNGRY. I tell you - this almost never happens. I am known to eat. A lot. My Spanish nephew never fails to mention it when I visit: "Comes mucho" (= You eat a lot). When I eat a hamburger with some vegetables like yesterday, I am not full - I am just right. I need nothing more but a 15-minute break before moving on to the ice cream. I always eat something after dinner - chocolate, cookies, sometimes even sandwiches. But not today. I walked around aimlessly after packing my bags and couldn't decide on anything substantial beyond a cold beer and some left-over olives and feta cheese. Maybe it's my stomach's way of telling me that I've hit my limit planning-wise. But at least I didn't have a lot of dishes today.

No comments: